Emergency Vet in Hanover
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at (717) 633-7387 if you think your pet is having an emergency medical problem. Walk right in if you need to, because our emergency vets always here for the pets of Hanover and surrounding areas. Sometimes the signs of a pet emergency are not always evident and a quick phone call or stop-by can give us valuable insight into what might be going on with your pet. You may find your mind is set at ease knowing a concern can wait for a scheduled appointment time. We will give your pet prompt attention for any emergency situation during regularly scheduled hours.
Signs Your Pet Needs Emergency Vet Care
We ask you to keep our number handy should you have any reason to think your pet is having an emergency that requires immediate life-saving attention. Definite signs you need emergency vet care include:
- Your pet is not breathing and you can’t feel a heartbeat.
- Your pet will not wake up.
- Your pet seems like they have broken bones.
- Your pet recently had or is having a seizure.
- Three to four hours or more have passed since your pregnant pet went into labor.
- Your pet is disoriented and is bumping into things.
- Your pet is trying unsuccessfully to urinate.
- Your pet is having trouble breathing.
- Your pet has been vomiting or has diarrhea for longer than 24 hours.
- Your pet is vomiting blood.
- You suspect heatstroke in your pet.
- You pet’s stomach is swollen and hard.
- Your pet is repeatedly gagging and trying to vomit.
- Your pet falls suddenly or can’t stand up.
- You suspect injury or blindness in your pet’s eyes.